DjangoBooks.com

Dunn necks/fretboards vs Trad

bsulliva4bsulliva4 SF, CANew Rino Van Hooijdonk (Maple Selmer)
Hi,

I've been trolling through old discussions looking for info on Dunn guitars and have run across a couple threads referring to his necks as wide and flat like a classical guitar (which matches my very pleasurable experience with one). I've only played my DG-255, a Bellville and a Lehmann Eclipse for reference and none of these are supposedly "traditional." Do strict Selmer copies have radiused fingerboards? How do Dunn's necks compare to the Parisian models? Or are they all different?

Thanks

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I played a Dunn for a while and really liked the neck after getting used to it. And to answer your question yes traditionally there is a bit of a radios. The Dunn is flat but the bridge has just a slight radios. I'm not sure why but that is how the one I played was set up. The neck on the Dunn guitars is nice but not every ones cup of tea. Like his guitars in general the neck is odd compared to a traditionally built Sel/Mac guitar.

Cheers