DjangoBooks.com

Custom tailpiece for a Saga gitane?

Hey Josh,
I really enjoy your advices on this site. I have a question for ya.. I own a Saga Tuxedo and was wondering if it dies make a substantial tonal difference if I replace the somewhat dinky tailpiece with a custom one. If so, which one would you recommend? Actually, the same question goes for the bridge.. I would really appreciate your expertise on this..
Thanx so much,
A blue eyed Gypsy from Holland.
All You Need Is Lunch

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I would say put your money into the bridge. That will change your tone way more then the tail piece. The tail piece does make a small difference but if you have not messed with the bridge yet that would be the first step.

I can talk to you more about the aspects of tone more in detail some time but basically once you open up the tone a bit with the bridge the tail piece can add some mid lows but can also create over tones that ring out more. So there is a gamble with the solid tail piece.

Feel free to PM me and I can give you my number. Tone is really hard to talk about and email is even harder when it comes the subject of tone.

Cheers,
    Josh