DjangoBooks.com

Swing, a film by Tony Gatlif

Bill BarnesBill Barnes New HampshireNew
edited August 2008 in Welcome Posts: 63
Has anyone seen the 2002 film By Tony Gatlif called "Swing?" It is available through Amazon, but indirectly and at an exorbitant price. I would love to get my hands on a copy at a reasonable cost. It took honors at the Berlin Film Festival when it was first released.
Bill
www.billbarnestrio.com
"Listen to this, it speaks like a cathedral!"- Django, on the Selmer (from Michael Dregni's Django, the Life and Music of a Gypsy Legend)

Comments

• langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    Swing is a very good film on its own merits, but a great and indispensable film anyone who loves this music.

VERY highly recommended.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    What are the chances this DVD will play on my Mac G5 OS 10.4.11?

Rob
  • KlezmorimKlezmorim South Carolina, USANew
    What are the chances this DVD will play on my Mac G5 OS 10.4.11?

Rob

It should play without problems. PCs and MACs usually have Region-free players.

PM me, Rob, via my off-forum address: 'awtroxell (at) ay oh ell daught calm' for those specs we talked about.
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Unfortunately, Klez, I don't know how to email a PM; my message just sits there in the Outbox.

R
  • KlezmorimKlezmorim South Carolina, USANew
    Unfortunately, Klez, I don't know how to email a PM; my message just sits there in the Outbox.

R

Ahh-HAH! Then it's not just ME. I've been having the same problem. Well, you got me via off-line methods, anyway.

CORRECTION: When I reply to your off-line address, the message bounce back to me. I received your off-line message just fine. Please check your addy and resend.

CORRECTION PART DEUX: The bounce-message says your mailbox is full.

-"K"