DjangoBooks.com

Which book should I get ?

edited May 2008 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 193
Hee. Im a beginner in the Gypsy Swing (jazz) thing. (I've been playing classic and flamenco for 4 to 5 years now). I really want to learn the Gypsy Jazz style , but which book(s) do U advice for me to get. I know there is a topic on this forum where this question is anwsered but I cant find it anymore. 8)

Ooh yea , I already got the Complete Django with the 81 songs. But u dont really learn anything from it. Only songs.

I live in the Hollands and u can buy some books here like the Getting Into Gypsy Jazz Guitar with CD by Stephan Wrembel with the silver cover.

And the Intermediate Gypsy Jazz Guitar with CD (Audio) and DVD by John Jorghenson

And L'Esprit Manouche

But it's not necessary to buy it in Holland so maybey there are better in the USA

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Books:
    First work on Rhythm... Gypsy rhythm is THE book.

Check out Denis Changs videos from www.hyperhipmedia.com

They will surely save you a lot of time, and I mean years worth.
    Ooh yea , I already got the Complete Django with the 81 songs. But u dont really learn anything from it. Only songs.
    What do you mean only songs?? The music is the songs!!! Plus there's a lot of Django's choruses in that book.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    You're welcome
    Oh, and don't forget Gypsy Picking if you don't have it already