DjangoBooks.com

Has anyone found a imported Dell' Arte DG-H1 or DG-P1?

PowerfibersPowerfibers Buffalo, New YorkNew
I am wondering if anyone has recently purchased this guitar in the last two months from somewhere other than this site. Please pm me if you can shed some light on where you were able to find one. Thanks, Bob
Bob Maulucci
http://www.djambossa.com
New CD out now, "Moonflower"

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I don't have one but there was a Music link Hommage a few weeks ago and I believe right now there's some Pigalles as well as an Angelo Debarre and a Robin Nolan here:

http://www.****/
    Check the "new guitar" pages.

There's also one of the "old" Pigalles.

Good luck!
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The Hommage is now on its way to me; it should be here early next week. They come and go very quickly (as in hours) but I think the Pigalle is a bit easier to get. Hopefully the Hommage will be more widely available later this year. I'll let you know how it is when mine arrives...

best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I am wondering if anyone has recently purchased this guitar in the last two months from somewhere other than this site. Please pm me if you can shed some light on where you were able to find one. Thanks, Bob

We just sold the Piggale we had...but the Nolan model is in stock.

You probably won't find any others around. Music Link has only shipped a handful of these guitars over the last few months. There might be as few as 6.

'm
  • PowerfibersPowerfibers Buffalo, New YorkNew
    Thanks guys.

The reason I asked is that I have had one on order, and I've been getting the run around. I am suspecting that the true story might possibly revolve around the guitar being accidentally sold twice and someone is about to return one, etc.... Or the seller is simply stringing me along til the back orders arrive.

More proof to buy from this site and good people only!

Thanks, Bob
    Bob Maulucci
    http://www.djambossa.com
    New CD out now, "Moonflower"
  • TollundmandenTollundmanden DenmarkNew
    I bought a DG-H1 Hommage off Elderly Instruments last October. I don't think they've had one in stock ever since, but it could be worth checking once in a while.

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/DGH1.htm

Mine is the one pictured on the site, serial no. 0000021 so I guess they planned to make a lot of them.
    Tollundmanden,
    Could you comment a little on your DG-H1 please?
    You know, Tone, volume,finish, neck, etc.
  • RomKyzarRomKyzar BaltimoreNew
    Hi, I recently bought a new Music Link Dell arte
    Pigalle off of ebay, from the West coast, for $400
    including shipping. So they are available somewhere.
    It was listed as a 'second', and even had detailed
    pics of scratches in the finish. But I can't find the marks on the actual guitar.
    here's an amateur's review:
    it is the second heaviest sel-mac i have ever played,
    the first being a Rudy Larna. The action is high (4mm)
    but certainly playable. It came with green wound strings, I guess Dell Artes, It is moderately loud,
    but not of the same character as the gitanes I have (300, 250M, early 500) the neck is good and chunky, and it is a very fine looking guitar. My instinct is to get a new bridge, lower the action, and use Galli 11s on it.
    I currently use it to reinforce trouble areas in my playing, by going from its thick neck, high action to
    the DG 300 speed setup. Hope this helps answer some questions people seem to have. For a 400 dollar risk, I am very satisfied.
    Hey Jack, have you gotten your Hommage yet??
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I did, but it's with a friend now who's installing a bigtone. I'll probably post more about it when it returns, but my first impressions were all pretty good-I especially enjoyed the shape of the neck; definitely the easiest-playing guitar I've owned. It was set up really well, and it barks. I'll try to post a sound clip when I get it back instead of trying to describe the sound, but in general it's bassier than my Selmer-style, and the tone really jumps out of it.

There are some obvious cost-cutting measures-the traditional leather under the tailpiece is now some kind of soft plastic, for instance-which don't really bother me, but might matter to people that care about them. I might replace it anyway in case the plastic ends up reacting with the finish, but I'm not planning any of the usual "upgrade the tuners, replace the tailpiece" stuff outside of the new bigtone bridge from Josh.

best,
    Jack.
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    Jack,
    I have the Pigalle. Bought it at Hot Strings in Conn.
    Very happy with it.
    Thinking about a "Homage DGH1".
    Some sites list the nut at 1 13/16", Some at 1 7/8". But the Dell Arte Site (When it is working) Lists it at 1 3/4" as the Pigalle.
    What did yours come in at?
    Plus, what are your thoughts on the Pickup that John J., uses?
    I see it's kind of pricey.

Best Always,
    Jack
    "You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"