DjangoBooks.com

Stochelo lick...Help :-)

HonsicHonsic Czech RepublicNew
edited February 2008 in Technique Posts: 12
Please could you help me somebody with transcription of tune For Sephora or Bossa Dorado from Rosenberg Trio??? Especially with short but very fast Stochelo solo parts after second round in E7 or E9 which are very difficult for me. :roll:
Thanks for another great lick transcription. I know the fingering(i have many tabs this tune) but i dont know how play this lick right with pick. Please help me with right picking guidelines. Thanks Honsic.

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator
    contact Marcelo Damon and he will do it for you. he does transcription stuff for me (when i get stuck) and also for other people. i think he charges a standard rate for a single transcription. i think his email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> .
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Hi

Is the question how to play these licks? Other than starting with a downstroke at the first note of each string, the only other question is whether to start the triplets on the downstroke. I'd suspect Stockelo does this, but I'd check the video to be sure. Whatever gets you there....
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    well actually those aren't the fingerings that stochelo use, u'd have to change those a bit, to make it easier for the left and right hands
  • HonsicHonsic Czech RepublicNew
    To Dennis:

I saw many videos where is Stochelo playing tune For Sephora or others. He mostly use only three fingers. I don´t have problem to find right notes (I use four fingers for solos) but I have problem with connecting first a second part solo. First part Stochelo plays from low E string to high E string and he there plays legato (and there I don´t know how to play it - legato only with finger without pick or legato with pick????) then he goes back from high E to low E to same initial note. I can´t play this in fast tempo because i can´t connect both parts solo and I always stop after first part solo.
    Could you help me with right picking guideline, please?

Thanks Honsic
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i think it's a language barrier problem, by fingering i mean where the notes are placed not what fingers stochelo uses... u'd have to change the tab a little to bit to get it the way stochelo plays it, i dont really know how to modify that tab there but anyway, the fingerings (left hand) should be more horizontal,

and the diminished phrase on the top 3 (G B E) strings should be two notes on the G, one on B and then that little chromatic thing up to the 17th fret
    I'm sorry my English is not as good how would wish.....I am wrote it badly. But I get it what are me wrote. Here is that my problematic part on the video and my new tab for it. I am starting on deep E string on A - D - downstroke.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D,U, D - 5,6,7 low E-string
    U, , ,D - 6, , ,9 A
    U, , ,D - 7, , ,10 D ( FIRST PART )
    U - 8 G
    D, , ,U - 7, , ,10 B
    D??? - 8,10,8,7 E Here i s the PROBLEM !!! I play here legato.
    How play it right??? normally D,U,D,U ???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    D,U, ,D - 10,8, ,7 B
    , ,U,D, - 8,7, G
    U - 7 B ( SECOND PART )
    D - 9 G
    U - 9 D
    D,U,D,U,D-10,9, ,7, ,9,10 A
    U, - 9
    D, ,U,D - 9 ,11,12 G
    D - 12 B
    D - 12 E
    To Dennis:

I'm playing it this way, but I feel, that it is not good :-(
  • asd123321asd123321 ✭✭✭✭
    What is the instrument you are playing it on?
    To asd123321 : Stanford D5 PRO