DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

WilforFarn stublags

how to use the transcriptions...

jayjayjayjay New
edited December 2007 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 29
I just got Gypsy Rhythm for Christmas and I have a few questions on how to get going on this massive collection of information. Ideally I would work through the whole book in order, learn everything, and then apply this information to the transcriptions at the end of the book. However, I have some of the basics down already and would like to start learning the GJ repertoire. My brother plays lead and I will be accompanying him. We want to start with the songs listed in "gypsy rhythm" but I am wondering how the transcriptions in the book go together to form a complete song. for example, Minor Swing starts out with the Intro/Outro chords and then goes into the "basic solo changes," can I piece these two transcriptions together and come up with the right chords for the 1937 recording? Any advice would be great and much appreciated.

Comments