DjangoBooks.com

George Effrosse?

djangadjodjangadjo NebraskaNew
edited January 2008 in Violin Posts: 38
I am hoping to find more information on the violinist George Effrosse. I know he played with Sarane Ferret and died at Dora.

http://claudet.club.fr/GhettosCamps/MusiqueCamps.html

Any further facts about his life would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

David Fowler
Nebraska, USA
87 Rue de Dunkerque: "The bow must go up and down."

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    He played in the Ray Ventura Band. Here he is (second left front) next to a young looking Stephane Grappelli:-
  • djangadjodjangadjo NebraskaNew
    Teddy,

Thank you for posting those beautiful pictures!

David Fowler
  • clausciclausci RomaNew
    The recordings with Sarane are just wonderful, sadly there are few, he was really a great violinist.
    one of my "first-favourites" with Michel Warlop.
    If anyone has some stories to tell about him please...
    Claudio
    Another one of him next to Grappelli in the Ray Ventura Band
    If you can read French, here is a little about him:-

Violon Saxo baryton
    « En 1930, il rejoint Noël CHIBOUST et André DAVID dans le pupitre de trois violons constitué au sein de l'orchestre de Ray VENTURA. C'est un musicien exceptionnel, violoniste de grande technique et d'improvisation - jazz qui se situe à la hauteur des plus grands. Il restera dans cette formation jusqu'en été 1934. Le si gentil Georges EFFROSSE finira dramatiquement dans le camp nazi de Dora en 1944. » (Jacques HELIAN)
    Hugues PANASSIE a écrit à son sujet : « EFFROSSE fait preuve d'une étonnante facilité. En voilà un qui a acquis le sens de l'interprétation hot ! Un VENUTI épuré qui possède une technique magnifique, mais se garde bien d'en abuser … »
    Georges EFFROSSE, a dirigé, début décembre 1941 un ensemble swing au cours d'un gala au Bal TABARIN. Il a fait partie du QUINTETTE de PARIS, fondé en 1942 par Sarane FERRET, nettement différent de celui du Hot Club de France, et avec lequel il s'est produit cette année-là au CHALET, 43, rue du Faubourg Montmartre (9ème)..
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Violin Sax baritone
    “In 1930, it joined Christmas CHIBOUST and Andre DAVID in the desk of three violins made up within the orchestra of Ray VENTURA. It is an exceptional musician, violonist of great technique and improvisation - jazz which is at the height of largest. It will remain in this training until summer 1934. So nice Georges EFFROSSE will finish dramatically in the Nazi camp of Gilded in 1944. ” (Jacques HELIAN)
    Hugues PANASSIE wrote about it: “EFFROSSE shows an astonishing facility. In here one which acquired the direction of interpretation hot! A purified VENUTI which has a splendid technique, but takes care well not to misuse it…”
    Georges EFFROSSE, directed, at the beginning of December 1941 a swing unit during an official reception with Ball TABARIN. He belonged to the QUINTET of PARIS, founded in 1942 by Sarane TAG, definitely different from that of Hot Club from France, and with which he occurred this year with the COUNTRY COTTAGE, 43, street of the Montmartre Suburb (9th).
  • clausciclausci RomaNew
    Violin Sax baritone
    “In 1930, it joined Christmas CHIBOUST and Andre DAVID in the desk of three violins made up within the orchestra of Ray VENTURA. It is an exceptional musician, violonist of great technique and improvisation - jazz which is at the height of largest. It will remain in this training until summer 1934. So nice Georges EFFROSSE will finish dramatically in the Nazi camp of Gilded in 1944. ” (Jacques HELIAN)
    Hugues PANASSIE wrote about it: “EFFROSSE shows an astonishing facility. In here one which acquired the direction of interpretation hot! A purified VENUTI which has a splendid technique, but takes care well not to misuse it…”
    Georges EFFROSSE, directed, at the beginning of December 1941 a swing unit during an official reception with Ball TABARIN. He belonged to the QUINTET of PARIS, founded in 1942 by Sarane TAG, definitely different from that of Hot Club from France, and with which he occurred this year with the COUNTRY COTTAGE, 43, street of the Montmartre Suburb (9th).

ahahah Google...

a part: formation- training (would be "formation", th same, i think) but...
    au Chalet- with the COUNTRY COTTAGE ahah
    :D

anyway thanks guys for this article.
    Claudio
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    O.K.
    You caught me red handed!
    I have enough trouble with the English language!
    I use http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/ to help me read foreign language text and to translate English to foreign languages for on-line communications. I hate to miss out on not being able to understand written text.
    Great tool, however it does depend on region and dialect of a language...
    I have often received many corrections from different people on how they would word a phrase or sentence...

Grazie!

Hello to Tony and Marco if you see them!

A.K.
  • djangadjodjangadjo NebraskaNew
    "So nice Georges EFFROSSE will finish dramatically in the Nazi camp of Gilded in 1944. ”

the automatic translator is telling us that Effrosse died the in Nazi camp Dora in 1944.

I think he may have been taken "Nacht und Nebel" in Holland?