DjangoBooks.com

How are the Dell Arte Imports?

I'm new and I was just curious if anyone has any news on the dell arte imports. I'm looking for a nice reasonably priced gj guitar.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    They aren't available yet so no one knows....
  • loumt123loumt123 New
    ah thanks. I just found the thread about them. What are some intermediate guitars you would reccomend? I'm only really familiar with the Gitane and Dell Arte brand. Looking for something that will stand the test of time, but not put an unfillable void in my pocket :lol:

Thanks in advance.

ps. I'm getting a kick out of the site there are a ton of resources on here ( I think I'mm be ordering the gypsy rhythm book)
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    My bandmate has a Manouche 12 fret D- hole. It is a wonderful guitar and continues to improve over time. It plays easily and the response is rich and full. I don't think you could go wrong with one of these. I know a lot of people have them and like them a lot.
    Ken Bloom
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what this means (note the 'test' in the url) but this page is up showing the Music Link Hommage as In Stock:
    http://****/test.php?catid=5&pid=1669

Much pricier than here, though!

edit: when I clicked on review, I saw it's one of the models produced for the 2007 NAMM show, not a production model...oh well.

best,
    Jack.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, those must be prototypes. Although, I'm not sure why they are charging double what the production models will be.
  • loumt123loumt123 New
    They look nice. I have just one final question for you veterans. I have an eastman jazz guitar; Can I slap ome argentines on it and get a nice gypsy tone?
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    No. Let the Eastman be what it is.
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    The argies don't have enough tension to load its top properly - it'll only sound thin & quiet. GHS White Bronze strings seem to add a little "old school crunch" to archtops if that's what you're looking for - or maybe it's just my imagination. Who knows. My somewhat limited experience in string swapping on acoustic archtops leads me to believe that the GHS White Bronze seem to sound a bit more edgy and midrangey than Thomastik Bright Bronze - at least on my two jazz boxes - both old Epis. (or actually one now.. sold the other :( but it went to a good home they tell me... some famous guy whose name could not be 'revealed'... sheesh... being in the public eye must be a pain in the but.

Start with 12s if you usually play light strings. If it sounds thin & quiet move up in gauge till it doesn't. See "archtop.com" in the instrument writeups it'll give you little blurbs of information on proper setup / action etc. - just find an instrument of similar design (bout width / scale length etc.) and read Joe's "setup" paragraph on that instrument.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • CampusfiveCampusfive Los Angeles, CA✭✭✭✭
    I prefer Martin SP 80/20 Bronze 13's, but everything else is exactly right.
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Whats interesting is that Music Link is making them. Music Link makes Johnsons and Rogues, very low end guitars. I have to believe that DellArte is very involved in order for the guitars to turn out right.