DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (1)

• rudolfochrist 12:19AM

Today's Birthdays

LukasSholl RenaldoKAS nickos

Anyone know good versions of these tunes with vocals?

billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10
edited August 2007 in Welcome Posts: 687
I was looking to get some of these jazz standards that Django played by artists contemporary with Django with vocals so I could better understand and remember the melodies. Anybody have any advice on the following albums I found available on iTunes Music Store?

J’attendrai- Jean Sablon…there are a few versions. Is there any other artist that one would recommend. I figured he would be closer to the Django version since he arranged it for Django (or so I read)

Melodie au crepuscule- Found this one on a CD called Django Reinhardt and the Singers with Jean Sablon. I don’t have any of these songs in my Django stuff (incl. Crepuscule). Any opinions on the compilation CD (sound quality, etc?)

What is This Thing Called Love- who hasn’t done this? I like Ella Fitzgerald’s version. Any other versions to recommend?

Je suis seul ce soir-anyone know a good vocal version?

Also have heard there are lyrics to Nuages?
Thanks to all,
Bill

Comments