DjangoBooks.com

Off topic-Brazilian, Samba, Bossa guitar questions.

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited August 2007 in Welcome Posts: 557
Hey guys I know this isn't Gypsy jazz related, but I have a feeling some of you guys on here are familiar with Brazilian guitar styles and was wondering if any of you guys could help. Here is the story I pottentially have some fairly lucretive gigs coming up in about 2 months for playing Nylon string back up rhythm for this singer here in town at a brazilian resturaunt. I really love Bossa Nova and Samba and i feel I can do a passable rhythm job but was looking for something a bit more authentic and standardized. Do any of you guys know where I can find good information for beginers to these styles on line or any books you would recomend. I am not really looking ot emmerse myself compleatley in the style but I want to get hired for this job. I have a little while to prepare so hopefully it will work out. btw I have done the typical google searches and youtubes searches as well as looked at some sheet music sites. Are there any forums similair to this one for those types of styles?
thanks in advance guys.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments