DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

LukasSholl RenaldoKAS nickos

A selmer style guitar

bigericbigeric Las Vegas Nevada USANew
I would like to say hello to everyone. My name is Eric Walters. I am new to this forum. I have been playing guitar for 40 years or so. I have always been interested in swing guitar. It certainly seems to be more popular than ever. I am going to buy a guitar. Some recommendations please. $1000.00 budget.
I spoke with Michael and he mentioned the Gitane 330. Thanks

eric

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    In that price range - yes, that would be a hard guitar to beat for a kilobuck. Get Josh to do a fret & action setup on it - you'll still be under $1,000 and you'll be playing the rig Jorgenson tours with - and probably setup better than Jorgensons rig too ;)

Also get a couple of sets of Argentine 10's & Argentine 11's (strings) and a decent pick - Wegen 3.5mm Gypsy pick is the standard - for strings - some people like 11's, some like 10's - if you've never played this type of instrument and you're used to flat-tops with 14's... it might take you a bit of getting used to but you'll love it.

Welcome to it.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • bigericbigeric Las Vegas Nevada USANew
    I got a cigano today. I went to gitane dealer about a 90 minute drive for me.
    It's a GJ -10. The dealer had 5-6 Gitanes. I did not care for the Jorgenesen.
    He had the Lolo Reinhardt model which played and sounded very good. It had a slimmer neck profile. Then I tried the Cigano. This guitar was just delivered a few days ago. The Cigano fretwork was better the guitar had a stronger voice as well. It was less than half the price as well. To me it had a much better feel and voice than the Gitane guitars. The Gitanes are really nice guitars. Well built and play really nice. Oh well I jumped in the water and now its time to swim!