DjangoBooks.com

samois - tickets

swithdswithd New
edited April 2007 in Europe Posts: 2
Hi
I'm new at this forum. I'm from germany and i hope my english is good enough ;-)
First i would like to say that this forum is one of the best i know for Django Reinhardt fans. Thank you all for shareing your know about Gypsy Jazz !!!
Here is my question:
I will go to samois this year. Should i reservate tickets for the festival, or is it
no problem to by tickets when i'm there?

Comments

• stuckinkansasstuckinkansas KansasNew
    I went for the first time last year. Getting tickets once you are there is no problem. Have fun, and see you there!
  • DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    In regards to Samois...has anyone here ever purchased an instrument either from a builder or from an individual while there rather than bringing one?? Are there evn many for sale, ever many good deals, and what are the issues with then bringing it back through customs if you didnt come with it??

Chuck
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hi duozona !

Well there are many instruments for sale there in Samois and they are sold directly by luthiers such as Maurice Dupont, Philippe Monneret and so on.

The prices are regular ones I never have found a special price ... but you can try the instruments and have an impression on the whole and that's great.

The only difficulty is to figth with Angelo Debarre to try this one, with Joscho Stefan to get an idea on that one, with Stochelo Rosenberg to catch the other ... that's not easy ... and if your hear the sound of the instrument it will be a great deal because as soon as you get the guitar and try a chord you have three guys playing Dark eyes fastest rhythm for you !

A few years ago it was perfect the morning was used to have a walk to the island and try the instruments, you could really make up your mind on what was a Dupont or a Dell'Arte - it was peacefull and calm (and free) but now you can't come in during the morning and you can only try instruments when the show is on ... and when everybody is trying to compete with the others :shock: :shock: :shock:

A+