DjangoBooks.com

Czardas chord chart.

CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
edited May 2013 in Repertoire Posts: 557
Hey guys, I know there was a chord chart floating around the web for this tune, I used to have it but it may have been on my other computer. I am writing a paper on the composition and want to compare how it is played by us to what is typically played by classical musicians. If there is any difference. If anyone has it could you P.M. it to me. thanks guys.
P.S. I thought there was one on the Manoucheries site but for some reason I can't connect to it.
Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Caleb,

Have a look:
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21224
    Chords are written in; you might need to download it to read them...

Best,
    Jack.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Jack, I can always count on you! That is pretty much exactly what I needed. It is kind of funny I am writing a paper on Monti's Csardas, and there is virtually nothing about him. At FSU we have an amazing music library(where I am posting this message actually) and I can find almost nothing scholarly on him. He is not even in the Grove dictionary of music and musicians (except for a blurb in the Csardas article which is painfully short). Thanks
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    caleb,
    so- how'd the paper go? are you done with it? if so I'd love to check it- perhaps you can pdf it to me?
    Cheers,
    B.
  • HCPhillyHCPhilly Phila. PA✭✭✭✭
    Caleb,
    I have the sheet music with the violin and Piano parts, [I'm assuming that you have that too.]
    You might want to compare Angelo's version on Gypsy guitars.
    It seems that Gypsy players like Angelo play whatever chords they think sounds good, [learned by ear from other players probably].
    You might want to compare the written form and Angelo's version, [which might be part of a medley, I haven't listened to it in a while].
    Anyhow, let me know if you need the sheet music.
    Barr
    CalebFSU wrote:
    Hey guys, I know there was a chord chart floating around the web for this tune, I used to have it but it may have been on my other computer. I am writing a paper on the composition and want to compare how it is played by us to what is typically played by classical musicians. If there is any difference. If anyone has it could you P.M. it to me. thanks guys.
    P.S. I thought there was one on the Manoucheries site but for some reason I can't connect to it.

Is there a chord chart floating around the internet for Csardas?
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Has anyone seen an arrangement of this for guitar tabbed out?

thanks