DjangoBooks.com

Los Del Sur by Romane

WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
edited December 2006 in Repertoire Posts: 221
This is a clip I found on the django swingpage forum of romane & his ensemble: (hope you enjoy)

http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid= ... 6&q=romane

Attached below is a powertab file with a loose transcription of the beginning of the Romane piece.

From the clip, the rhythm breaths subtly between 98 and 107 bpm. Its a very delicate thing to notice but powertb of course cannot replicate such a concept. Thanks for whoever posted that thread from the swingpage! Also to whomever posted the google clip.

It's a lovely haunting progression and wonderfully moody. I was never really a big Romane fan but after seeing this and getting into "Acoustic Spirit" (which has several wonderful tunes and a playalong cd with guitar tabs), I am now a big fan. I hope he comes on a tour someday... Thanks & Enjoy!

Comments

• ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Hi WBW

Would you (or anyone else) know if violin and accordion are on the play-along tracks for Acoustic Spirit?

Thanks -
  • WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Hi elliot

On the playalong tracks there are no heads or other instruments besides the bass and rhythm guitar/s. For the guitar tabs, there are only the guitar parts (heads and romane's solos, and a chord chart). The tunes "Monticello, Gypsy Fire, and Ombre" are reasons alone to enjoy the album, some of the other tracks don't do it for me. Getting the charts and solos are an extra bonus to see the gypsy jazz vocabulary used by Romane at the time. Florin Niculescu is on violin (sounding superb as usual).
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Thanks for the great answer!

:D