DjangoBooks.com

Samois 2007

Swing 69Swing 69 ScotlandNew
edited May 2007 in Europe Posts: 81
Hi guys i'm a newb here, was wondering if there are fixed dates for samois 2007? or are they the same every year?
Determined to get there in 07 so need to get the time off sorted.
Cheers.

Comments

• It's the 28th June to the 1st july this year, it's always the last weekend in june.
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    As far as I know Marcel Loeffler will be there performing together with Wawau Adler.

Best,
    Barengero
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    it's strange that they pushed it back a week.. usually it doesn't go til july.. i turned down a festival gig with tim kliphuis to go to samois...
    can you just turn up? (for me) leave liverpool, get the train to dova, cross the pond, get to france, find samois? Entrance fee? etc any details i'd like to know pretty pretty please :D
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Yes you can just turn up...
    Get to Paris and then take a train to Fontainebleau, then a bus to Samois or Samoreau (you`ll probably need a car to get to the festival site if you stay at Samoreau). Make advance reservations if you plan on staying at the campsites.
    You can buy your tickets there or in advance at Fnac, around 60 euros for the whole festival.
    Check around this forum and the one in UK, there are some treads around with all the details. (Doing a "Samois" search should turn up the proper posts).
    And don`t forget your guitar!
    Good luck!!
    Aha! Great! thanks for this, i may just start saving. iI've got to eat noodles everyday this month because of my new love for this, but as soon as i get back up i'll start saving hopefully for samois, and it'l be me bday whilst i'm there. (oh pop music, i'll be 25!)

I won't be bringing me guitar, i keep putting it down everytime i watch Jimmy rosenberg age 7. But i promise not to go back to strumming G - D - C :oops:
    thanks again.
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Why get the train to Dover when you can fly direct to Paris from Speke (sorry John Lennon Airport) for less than 90 quid. :D
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
    A nice one! it didn't even cross my sweed. I just thought because thats the way i went lastime but ended up in the south of france asking if Samois was anywhere near here. It didn't help i was pronouncing it Sam-moist (without the t) instead of (sounds like) Samwah. (kindof). Anyway i'll get on the super noodles and start saving, i can't wait!! i'll be skinny but i'll be there at least.
  • fretburnerfretburner Victoria BC CanadaNew
    Hey guys not sure Ill make it this year but Im aiming for next year..

But I have some questions..

For instance, whats the local camping like there? Is there good security or lockers for rent? What to do with my guitar when Im not playing it? (I wouldnt want to leave it in a tent!) Also, do those campsites allow cooking on site or do I have to eat festival food for a week! (sounds fine, but maybe not on my budget 8) )
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Sadly, I won't make it this year either...next year I hope.

I went last time, and there weren't any lockers, you have to be careful and carry it around most of the time. Maybe leave it inside your car, if you bring one, or ask someone you trust to store it for you inside theirs.
    If possible don't bring your Dupont VR and take your Gitane instead :wink:
    On the other hand the camping site (I stayed in the one right in Samois) is really beautiful, you have the river a stone throw away...
    It might rain and get very cold so keep that in mind when packing.
    And yes you can cook there, last time my buddy Shane (He's going this year the lucky bastard) and I went to the supermarket in Fontainebleau and bought steaks, greens, fruit, wine. And cooked a great BBQ. We bought charcoal but you might be able to borrow some or just gather some dead wood. It's a good idea to stock up on good cheese, good wine, chocolate, tuna, etc. Before you get to Samois, but you can order baguettes at the camping for like an euro, and they sell beer and soda. And for a day or two you can have lunch or breakfast there which is not too expensive.There's also electricity available on the campsite.
    At the island there are lots of stands that sell food for diner but they can be a little more expensive.
    Hope this helps and hope to see you there next year.
    Enrique