DjangoBooks.com

Luciano Zuccheri and the Quintetto ritmico di Milano

emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
edited May 2007 in Gypsy Jazz Italia Posts: 472
Luciano Zuccheri (Spilimbergo, July 12th 1911 - June 4th 1981), virtuoso guitar player and unconditional fan of Django Reinhardt, decided to form a group following the aesthetics of the Quintette du Hot Club de France: he founded the Quintetto Ritmico di Milano in 1941 during the height of the Second World War.
It was in that year, and especially in 1942 when he began to record, that Zuccheri entered with force the world of Italian Jazz, showing himself to be a soloist of great talent.
He could above all count on some extraordinary violinists as Armando Camera, Gianmario Guarino, William Righi and others who alternated over the period of seven years of the Quintetto Ritmico di Milano's recording activity and on excellent singers as Till Cappellaro and the wonderful Tina De Mola, followed by Natalino Otto. All were very popular crooners endowed with swing.

Comments

• pippopippo New
    I have buy the book of A.Mazzoletti and the Zuccheri's CD: Greats !!!

I am a italian Django's fan, maybe a little monomaniac, and the discovery of a italian guitarist like Luciano Zuccheri it's a marvellous thing......Thank you Emiliano for yours suggestions!

Ps Why you dont' propose Luciano Zuccheri not only here but also others forums , maybe a little "chauvinistes"(i.e. manoucheries.com)?

Ciao e ancora grazie

Bruno
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Thanks to you, man.