DjangoBooks.com

251% increase in Visa fees to come to US!

djazzydjazzy New Riccardo Mordeglia, AJL

Its hard to imagine that this increase will not directly take an irreversible toll on the 'gypsy-jazz' scene in the US. (It applies to Canadians too.) Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Statement by American Federation of Musicians here: https://www.afm.org/2023/02/afm-opposes-proposed-uscis-visa-increases/?utm_source=Cyberimpact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=visas-P2&fbclid=IwAR0Hn1LngzZtJIXuDw7fcrdb9UaFliMEc9j_ihrdnE7FASmVsvMSQHQDnFw

Details here: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2023/01/04/2022-27066/us-citizenship-and-immigration-services-fee-schedule-and-changes-to-certain-other-immigration?fbclid=IwAR31yXMqZMCguk_OJk2x2E7sQHHnxVoGe1pya3wLq7XoGdf9xjcl7dw6T6M#open-comments

The first link provides access to where you can send comments (until March 6) through the Federal Register Portal.

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

I saw the topic and thought you were talking about my credit card bill! ha ha

• JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL

This will greatly interfere with the ability of smaller acts getting into the States. If you can, please leave a comment for DHS to see. I hope there is enough of an uproar that the Feds take a step back.

djazzybillyshakes
  • opus20000opus20000

Just go through the Southern border, no one will know or care.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Sounds like pretty bad news for Django in June / Andrew Lawrence

All that visa stuff is already crazy expensive for getting the artists over here

djazzy

They'll all have to pass the cost to us. But that's one steep price hike.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • djazzydjazzy New Riccardo Mordeglia, AJL

I think it would be a good idea to pass the costs onto students/campers. (Without having the done any math though.😎 ) In fact, I think they should consider getting out the message on their own. "We'll pay more!"