DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Mischa gypsymyk jensmolander RussellBib

Altamira bridge

Hello, I am looking at getting an Altamira and was wondering if there would be a big difference between the standard bridge and a dupont. Also which size dupont would be best for 3mm action? Thanks.

Comments

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

The bridges are significantly different, but that's more to do with the neck angle.

Any dupont can be setup with a 3mm action - whether it's best for that guitar is different story.

The biggest differences between an Altamira and a Dupont is actually the width of the neck - the strings are closer together on the Altamira. I personally find that makes them easier in one aspect to play (though a setup is the biggest factor).

If you're just thinking about getting an aftermarket bridge - I would take it to a repairman instead to see if your setup needs to change vs. just buying a bridge.

krzys
  • krzyskrzys New

Thanks, I am just looking at whether or not to request one if I buy from here.

• CraigHensleyCraigHensley Maine New Altamira M10D

If you buy an Altamira here from Michael it already comes with a custom bridge and a free setup. You won't have to buy an additional one. I just bought a used Altamira that was originally purchased here a year ago and it did not need any additional work or upgrades. They come gig ready. Unless you want an internal pickup installed.

MichaelHorowitztnhughesjonpowl

In general different bridges are the most fun kind of modification you can do on these guitars. Every bridge I tried brought something different to the sound, much more so than say, strings. But yeah, if you're buying a guitar from Michael, you don't have to worry about it if you just want to make sure it'll be good to play out of the box.

MichaelHorowitz
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel