DjangoBooks.com

Initials on tailpieces, who or what are DR and DB?

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

I have searched old posts and found references but no exact explanations. I may be missing something obvious here but can anyone explain what the DR and DB mean. Are they someone's initials? The nearest I could find was a post from Bob Holo I think who said he got some DB tailpieces from someone in France called Bernd.

Of course many used bought in parts and suppliers like Delaruelle left them unmarked or unsigned but then there are the Selmer 'S', the Busato 'BB' and the Castluccia 'JC' as well as the modern Saga 'S' and so on.

So who are, or were, DR and DB?

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Ha ha. Silly me. My Park is the first guitar I got in this style (20 years ago) and it had the DR tailpiece. I just assumed it meant Django Reinhardt and never thought twice about it. Probably not the first noob to think the same thing. Maybe late to the party on not thinking more about it since. Following this post....

My guitar came with DB stamped tailpiece. That mention of it by Bob was also the only thing I could see about it.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel