DjangoBooks.com

DC Music School - What guitar for Nous'che?

Just curious if anyone knows what guitar Nous'che is using for the Denis's DC Music School courses? What guitar he (principally) uses now?

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

In the DC Music School videos Nous'che is playing Denis Chang's Martin Tremblay guitar.

I don't know what guitar Nous'che plays currently. Maybe an Eimers or Freschi or one of the many guitars he has.

Passacagliarudolfochrist
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thanks geese. Martin Tremblay - he's a Canadian luthier, yes? I seem to recall Denis really loving his, a comment or comments he's made on one of his videos.

I know the Rosenbergs love their Eimers. I have never played one, but they sure sound nice. Don't know Freschis at all.

Have you played any of these?

-Paul

• geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

I have played the exact Tremblay guitar that Nous'che is playing and it is a killer guitar. Chris Ruppenthal owns my old Tremblay Busato Replica (never should have sold it) and that is one of the best GJ guitars I have played. I can't highly enough of Martin Tremblay. Martin is based out of Montreal.

I have only played one Eimers. It was in desperate need of a good setup, so it did not sound or play that great.

I have never played a Freschi.

Passacagliabillyshakes
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I believe Eimers produced a ‘Model Nousche Rosenberg’. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011751576047

billyshakesPassacaglia

Chris!!! Hmm....guess who's going to get bugged to bring it to the jam, lol!

Montreal is a cool scene. Haven't been in a long time. It was before even coming to this music but as a (former) French chef, some wonderful aspects to the culture up there. I met and hung a bit with Christine Tassan at DIJ '13, and have been longing to go back. Thanks for the info on the Tremblay -one more reason for a Quebec visit!

-Paul

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

He did indeed! I have seen one in the early 2000s at Samois. Used to be listed on Leo's website, but doesn't seem to be any more. Thankfully, this website has a good archive of guitars!

Passacaglia

Thanks Jon and thanks billy - yep, I saw that Leo Eimer's site doesn't have it listed anymore, but thanks billy for the reference here.

-Paul