DjangoBooks.com

Vintage guitars

I recently picked up a Di Mauro Heart 1940's guitar and it sounds great. I missed some of the great ones that Michael sold on here in the past.

Any owners of these on this blog? I'm also wondering where all the amazing sold vintage guitars from Djangobooks have gone, busato's, Di Mauro's and the like. Anyone looking to sell any of these awesome vintage instruments, or maybe just show the goods? Grazie

BucoAndyWrudolfochrist

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

Charlie - you show me yours and I’ll show you mine….

LoL 😂

post some pics of your ‘new’ DiMauro, and I’ll reply with some pics of my old French & Sicilian collection, maybe the rest of the guys will reply too.

Buco
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

There's one here in Chicago, bottom left. An exceptionally nice guitar.

It's from Michael Bauer but I haven't seen him on the forum for a couple of years, maybe a troll scared him off.. https://djangobooks.com/forum/profile/Michael%20Bauer

Pic from https://www.chicagoguitarrepair.com/restorations

DeuxDoigts_TonnerrerudolfochristBucoBonesbillyshakes
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭

No troll, lets see if this brings him back. That Heart Hole is one of the best guitars I have ever played.

BucoBones
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

That picture of Michael's has several of the very best vintage gypsy jazz guitar's I've ever played & or heard. The 'Cannon' to the right of the heart hole (a busato - if memory serves) is wildly great, and the Selmer D hole is perhaps the best rhythm guitar I've ever heard/played.

A few years ago at a show in Chicago I was blessed enough to be allowed to play that guitar (Selmer d-hole) for the show. I thought it was good, and then heard some recordings - boy was it ever. The other guitarist at the time (midwest folks - check him out) Eric Slaughter loved the sound so much he spent 2 of the 6 hour drive back to STL talking about it (lol!).

B.

billyshakesBucoBillDaCostaWilliamsrudolfochristAndyW
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore

That Selmer D hole was part of the Chinery collection. It was sold by vintage guitar dealer Michael Indelicato (after Scott Chinery died) to Bay area guitarist George Cole. When George owned it, I got to spend quite a bit of time with it and indeed, it is one of the best Gypsy guitars that I have ever played (and I have played quite a few Selmers and Favinos). I believe it has sold (through Michael Horowitz) at least a couple of times since George owned it.

AndyWBillDaCostaWilliams
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass