DjangoBooks.com

La Gitane intro tabs?

in Welcome Posts: 11

Does anyone know I can find the La Gitane intro with tabs? Angelo DeBarre played it within the first 35 seconds but I can’t find that part included anywhere. Thanks!

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

Given that the original by Tchan Tchou Vidal and most subsequent covers do not include that part I think it safe to say that is not exactly the 'Intro' to La Gitane, more a case of Angelo just improvising his way into it similar to his noodling at the start of Csardas on the same Portrait Of Angelo record.

djangology

Try this, small letters is the chord, caps single notes, you'll need to figure out timing.

A B C# D

a/d X2

C a/d

B Bb d/g/d X2

A e/g/c#

Repeat X2

Paul PomposoBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Hey Buco. I didn't follow your tab lingo at all. This is in reference to the Angelo version of La Gitane on the CD Gypsy Guitars?

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

I think the OP was asking about the first 35 seconds. The rubato/noodling part before the in tempo part you referenced.

BillDaCostaWilliamswimrudolfochristPaul PomposoBucoDoubleWhisky
  • edited August 2021 Posts: 4,735

Ah Jim, yes you're totally right. Should've been obvious to me. I've just played through it. Don't think I'd have time to put it into sound slice but again, I could do a quick video for the OP later tonight or tomorrow...but it's Angelo's great noodling over Dm, C, Bb, using triads and D harmonic minor scale, Won't be completely accurate but in the ballpark.

BrettN

Here's a rough guide. It'd be nice to make a better and more complete video of it for public upload, it's very cool piece of music. With Angelo's playing I keep seeing lots of triadic shapes in his playing, so nothing really that complicated. It's his tone, phrasing, color notes and his virtuosity that make it incredibly good music.

vanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesJSantarudolfochristChrisMartinBrettNPaul PomposoWillieLango-Django
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Nice breakdown, Buco.

BucoBrettN

Thanks, Bill.

BrettNbillyshakes

That’s totally it! Thanks Buco!

Buco