DjangoBooks.com

Finally got in the game - bought a guitar. Added some very brief video.

2»

Comments

• MondoslugMondoslug New

Hah! Well, not quite ready for prime time yet, still figuring out what might sound kinda okay on this...down, down picking be damned. :) I mean it's just a guitar right? It's fun though.

Buco

Judging by what I heard recently it'll be just fine...well more than that really. You have a knack for making the guitar sound really, really good. But yeah, it's just focusing on getting a good sound out of it. Joscho says he doesn't think about downstroke with every string change as much, rather playing a downstroke on the first note of every triplet grouping, making sure the phrase has a strong accent where it should be etc... Olli is pretty much alternate picker but still makes it sound fantastic. A lot of the new generation players use sweeps and sneak in a run alternate picked... and so on. Genre does have it's signature sound. But if it sounds good, it sounds good however you come about it.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to the guy that played a guitar on acoustic version of All is Found with Kacey Musgraves, would you?

vanmalmsteenMondoslugBillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MondoslugMondoslug New

Hi @Buco ...hey thanks & thanks for the info! Yah, I'd agree - if it sounds good it is good :)

That is not me playing with her, I wish...I'm a fan of her's for sure.

Buco
  • MondoslugMondoslug New

Well here's a very little bit of something picked on the guitar.

BucoJSantaTwangbillyshakesvanmalmsteenAzazzellBillDaCostaWilliamsScoredogWillie

Made it sound so good, I predicted correctly.

Mondoslug
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MondoslugMondoslug New

Hey @Buco ...thanks, glad you like! I dunno it's been fun, not feeling so stagnant - like actually learning or trying to learn some new stuff.