DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz jam near Jersey City

Hey everyone,

While I'm sure that jam sessions during our current Covid19 situation are fairly non-existent, just thought I'd check in to see if any North Jersey players would be interested in an outdoors jam, hopefully near the Hoboken/Jersey City area.

Also while we're at it, I'm pretty sure that there were some pretty popular sessions at Fada and The Keep in Brooklyn awhile back, maybe someone can shed some light on any NYC jams too? Maybe something to expect when things come back to normal (whatever that means).

Thanks!

bbwood_98

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

Hey,

Interesting - DM me your email/fb contact, we are occasionally doing outdoor djam things in the parks with a few good players in Brooklyn/nyc.

Not sure about JC - would consider driving out though.

B

• There used to be a really fun jam with Stephane at a place called Razza until people figured out how awesome the pizza was there. Right now, there are no GJ jams in town. We do our regular Thursday night thing at thing at Madame Claude, but it is a gig. I'd follow Ben's advice and see if there are any outdoor jams in NYC. If you do put one together in the area, let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!

@Jim Kaznosky

Glad you piped in - I was going to recommend Madame Claude as an Idea (are you doing the gig outdoors now?) for getting in touch with the players in JC - plus good food and good music.

Next time we put together a 'large' jam outdoors I'll reach out.

also @distractionfactory you might reach out to @davegross who is an excellent gypsy jazz mandolinist and composer though he is for sure north of where you all are (near the GW bridge in upper manhattan).

B

Jim Kaznosky
  • Yup. We've been outdoors since late June weekly and the set-up is pretty safe and comfortable for all. Dave Gross is also a good contact too. He might have something happening.