Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). For Sale: 1973 "Book of Django" — DjangoBooks Forum

DjangoBooks.com

For Sale: 1973 "Book of Django"

edited July 4 in Classifieds Posts: 916

I have for sale, what I expect to be somewhat rare, a 1973 "Book of Django" , compiled by Max Abrams in Los Angeles, CA.

188 pages, paperback-photocopied plastic-spiral-bound

It contains lists of Djangos record album releases and dates, with detailed descriptions, probably all know to exist at the time.

I believe it is an original from Max Abrams himself, and not a copy, nor will I make a copy.

I think I want $150 for it. I'll add pictures later if it doesn't sell within the month.

---
Jon Austen, Portland, OR
playing since 1997
Tagged:

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Altamira M10

Jon,

I have seen these for sale several times over the years (including on this board). Some are spiral bound, some have a normal binding. Not sure if you will get that price, though, as there are several copies available from booksellers at far less. I think a price closer to $60-75 including shipping might find you a home but good luck with the sale. It is a neat artifact.

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls

I bought one, in a pretty worn state, for $15 dollars from Ebay. It's not bound, it's all paper which hasn't aged well. I agree that $150 is pretty optimistic but who knows.

always learning
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Hi!

Interesting ... maybe a couple of sample pages just to understand the exact nature of the wonder?

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira MF01, Godefroy Maruejouls

I bought it expecting lots of info and reviews of gigs but it's mainly details of recordings. To be honest I haven't looked at much since I got in December 2019. I'll post some pics of pages later.

always learning
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Quite lazy isn’t it?

• KittyKateKittyKate New

I don't think you will be able to find a customer for such a high price. I found that book on Amazon for 30$ last year. I ordered it because it was a kind of a coursework help when I was writing an essay about jamming. It looked almost like a new one with the great quality of papers. But I wish you luck in finding a customer