DjangoBooks.com

What's the use of the hole in the neckblock of the Selmer "Petit Bouche"?

If started my second gypsy jazz build, based on the plan of F. Charle.

Does anybody know why there's a hole in the neckblock.

As far as i know there's no trussrod. Or am i missing something?

Thanks!

As you can see on this pic.

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator

No clue unless it was for a truss rod nut. Or maybe they used it to fixture the body during the build???

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

Selmers didn't have trussrods, they had 'duralinium' reinforcement bars in the neck, so it's definitely nothing to do with a trussrod. I'm sure I've seen similar openings in some modern makers builds, maybe they'll chip in on this discussion.

I wonder if the Charles Selmer book might shed some light on this, I'll look later.

always learning
  • KoenKoen New

I don't have the book so i'm curious. There are some acoustic guitars who have the trussrod nut in the neckblock but not the selmers. Like you said.

And yes, perhaps a construction issue..

Thanks for the comments, i keep searching....:-)

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

According to the book it was for a threaded rod which was used to hold the body together when it was being glued together.

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    always learning
  • KoenKoen New

Ah, ok. Thanks very much!?️