DjangoBooks.com

Beginner Gypsy Jazz lessons

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 2,161

I apologize to Michael again for using his forum to advertise my stuff (I do answer questions here though ;-) so I've earned my brownie points), but people have been asking me for years, and I finally made a beginner lesson series. Here's what I wrote on Facebook:

People have been asking for years. Here it is. A Gypsy Jazz lesson series for beginners who need the extra help. It is a very carefully structured course for those who are new to Gypsy Jazz and also somewhat inexperienced on the guitar and music in general. Read the description for more information. For those who have been to Django in June at Level 1a (maybe even level 2, who knows), this is the course for you 

:-). The point is I go through everything very slowly and try to explain everything as clearly as possible. Those who are a bit more advanced may find it a bit boring, but those who are having trouble knowing how to practice, what to practice, may find this useful.

I've partnered up with my main man, Zak to bring you this lesson series on Soundslice. This does not fit my vision of DC Music School, so that's the reason it's not there.

For those who are more experienced guitarists and musicians and wanting to get into GJ, I'll make a course for such people as well that skips a lot of the basic stuff.

https://www.soundslice.com/store/beginner-gypsy-jazz-guitar-lessons-vol1/

dm7b5geese_comLango-DjangoPetrovMichaelHorowitzJosechikyBillDaCostaWilliamsBuco

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

You go, Dennis!

This sounds like a great resource, and I think that you have certainly earned the right to post anything you want to around here without apology...

Your fan,

Will

Josechiky
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

You know Dennis, there are a bunch of people who come here only to offer their latest course and almost never anything else meaningful. It's nice that you apologise but please stop.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

And by please stop, I know Buco means "stop feeling the need to apologize, you are among friends and folks who support what you do", not stop posting your course info. You've got great content and you've been a member of this forum for a LOOOOOONG time.

No I mean stop, go to a movie, read a book, take a vacation and learn a new language at that country. How about Japan? Write and produce a chart topping song for them and go make some money instead of giving it all for the community. We'll still love you after you don't know us any more.

billyshakes
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited February 2020 Posts: 2,161

Haha thx

here s a self contained video explaining my teaching philosophy for this music. there s a link in the description so u can also watch on soundslice w notation for a few examples

http://www.youtube.com/k4afLFW6K5U