DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

reprobatemind paul.provosty jmarcus KerryUxq5 BobbyKiefer

April Kisses on 1934 Gibson L5

Hey guys

i'm happy to share with you the Acoustic Standards #38, Eddie Lang's "April Kisses" played on my 16 inches 1934 Gibson L5 ! A pure Joy !

Don't hesitate to subscribe if you like what you see/hear !!

MarkABucorichter4208BonesStringswingerMehran srudolfo.christBill Da Costa Williams

Comments

Dude, sweet beard!

Nice playing, great sounding guitar too...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Very nice, Romaine. Your added syncopation gave the waltz a nice sense of swing.

And what a lovely-sounding guitar!

Can we look forward to your version of “Rainbow Dreams”?

Thanks,

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."
  • BonesBones Moderator

Nice thanks. Nice guitar in the background too :-)

Romaine, if you ever have the time to tell us the story of your L-5, I would love to hear it.

I would imagine that in France, these are even more super-rare than they are in North America... as a sax player friend once said about bass saxes, “they are scarcer than rocking horse shit”...

Will

JHAnchorsBones
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."
  • JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

Very nice playing and lovey L5!

Thanks guys ! Nice tune "Rainbow dreams" but i should do it with a piano too !

The L5 is from 34-35, from a collector friend of mine. It's the first acoustic archtop i bought, and the one that drove me into the madness of 30s and 40s acoustic archtops ! Big V neck, but super comfy !!

BucoBill Da Costa Williams
    edited February 7 Posts: 1,468

Thanks, Romain. What kind of strings do you use?

Will

PS after hearing your version of “April Kisses”, I have every confidence that you can play “Rainbow Dreams” unaccompanied, too!

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

15-73...

Oooh, even those numbers hurt my fingers!

JHAnchors

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Yes Lang was very easy with such incredible strings