DjangoBooks.com

Rhythm Futur and...King Kong?

edited July 2019 in History Posts: 5

Hey, I have an odd memory of reading somewhere that Reinhardt's 'Rhythm Futur' was inspired in part by the iconic music from one of the versions of 'King Kong' doing the rounds in the 1930s. Can anyone corroborate this, offer a source, point me in the direction of someone who would know?

I checked Dregni's 'Gypsy Jazz' and Vernon's bio-discography, both turned up nothing. There is a bit in French here, but it cites nothing.

I think The Ultimate Django Book may have had stuff but I don't have it to check.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Yes my source was the Ultimate Django book so I dont know more than what is written in it.

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

By the way, initially it was a choice not to cite anything for ease of reading (and my sources were the few ones that everybody know). But now that I am digging a little bit deeper, I will try to always put sources at the end of the articles or in newspaper clips so everybody can check for themselves.

juandererIrishBelgian

Thank you both! Merci PapsPier! I've may have tracked down a lead in Matelo Ferret's anecdotes. Corroboration will be difficult, but I'm still on the case.

I appreciate that you guys have been very helpful, but here goes nothing. If someone felt like doing a tremendous favour for me, could they tell me the page number of 'Rhythm Futur' the Django Book where the gentleman bobpster's post shows?

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Page 108.

IrishBelgian

Thank you!