DjangoBooks.com

FS: Vintage Stimer

jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
edited January 2019 in Classifieds Posts: 63
Dear friends,

I'm selling a vintage Stimer pickup, most likely from the 70s. It has a bright, punchy sound, and a much higher output than modern reproductions like the Duponts and the Peche a la Mouche. It also has a ludicrously large volume knob which I'm rather fond of.

In any case, I'm asking $375.00 plus shipping. As there's an identical pickup currently on sale on Reverb for more than twice this, I think the price is fair. Cable included.

Please pm me if you have any questions.

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    The volume knob looks like a button to launch a nuclear missile strike. Pretty cool.

Any sound samples? How is the balance across strings - I presume got the super loud B string, like the old stimers?
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Yeah, it's one impressive knob.

Happy to upload some sound samples, but probably won't be able to get to it until the weekend. The b-string does run a bit hot, but I've found it really depends on where the pickup is placed -- mid-soundhole, which is where the bars seem to be most happily placed, seems to produce the most even response on my guitar.
    Sorry for the delay. I've attached a wee sound sample. I've never actually recorded anything at home before, so the levels are a bit weird at the beginning. The setup is the Stimer into an amp (a Quilter) with a line-out direct to GarageBand.

The sloppy playing is purely due to the player and not the pickup, which is amazing.
    Buco
    What're you talking about, this is wonderful. Could you do a recording with both channels? I'd like to hear more.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • plexi69plexi69 New
    PM sent. Thanks.
  • vonadamnvonadamn Valatie, NYNew Anastasio, Sonora, Busato
    Interested. Still available?
    Still available!