DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy Jazz in Koblenz

morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
in Europe Posts: 51
Good afternoon people,

I recently moved from the UK to Frankfurt in Germany and I found a nice little scene and I've really enjoyed playing with them. But due to my girlfriend getting a job in Koblenz it looks like we're moving there.. Sooo, I was wondering if there was anyone on here from there who would like to meet up for a play or if there are any jam sessions happening there, or gigs

Thanks,
Eric

Guten Tag Leute,

Ich bin kürzlich von Großbritannien nach Frankfurt in Deutschland gezogen und habe eine nette kleine Szene gefunden und es hat mir wirklich Spaß gemacht mit ihnen zu spielen. Aber da meine Freundin einen Job in Koblenz hat, sieht es so aus, als würden wir dort hinziehen. Also, ich habe mich gefragt, ob hier jemand von Koblenz ist, der sich zum spielen treffen möchte oder ob es Jam-Sessions gibt dort oder Gigs

Vielen Dank,
Eric
Tagged:

Comments

• gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Hi Eric, I was just in Koblenz recently with Lulo Reinhardt who lives there. There are lots of Reinhardts in and around Koblenz. If you're on Facebook get in touch with Taylor Swing. There is a scene there of some great players. Taylor is a good guy to get in touch with. Also fantastic violinist Daniel Weltlinger (from Australia) lives in Berlin but is often in Koblenz and knows all the players there. You can find him on Facebook too. I'll be passing through Koblenz this year again too most likely so maybe I'll see you! Good luck!
    wimmorricone
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    Thanks, I sent a friend request and a message . He said that we could meet up when I get there so I'm quite excited by that.

I met some of the Frankfurt players through this forum (and gypsy jazz Deutschland on Facebook) . It seems like quite a good way to get recommendations.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Daniel Weltlinger is the real deal! Been playing the music longer than I even knew who Django was. He'll know anyone and everyone in Koblenz
    morriconebbwood_98
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    I'll look him up
    Aah, I've seen him play in England with Lulo Reinhardt's band
    So we moved to Koblenz on Sunday . Got in touch with Taylor and am looking forward to playing together at some point . in the meantime if you you or someone you know live in the area and want to get together and play, let me know.
    It's a proper pain having to start again.

Anyway, thanks

Eric
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Great! Taylor knows everybody out there in the scene. He'll get you plugged in. Have fun getting connected!
    morricone
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
    So several months later. I've met a fair few of the Koblenz Reinhardts all of who are great guitarists. I've yet to play with any of them except Lulo. These days I'm playing less gypsy jazz and more electric guitar (more fusionish stuff) backing tracks just aren't the same as playing with real people.

Hi Gitpicker,

I just realised that you played on Lulo's Latin Swing album ( I think that's what it's called. It's got a red cover).

I'm getting back into the Gypsy Jazz stuff ( I always end up coming back to it) and I would still like to be playing regularly with real live people. Unfortunately there hasn't been much going on in sunny Koblenz even pre Covid. There was a bit of a scene in Köln though. When things settle down I'll have a look that way.

edited July 2021 Posts: 51

If by any chance there's anybody on here who lives somewhere nearby and fancies Jamming or even starting a group , please send me a message.

Lulu Swing - gypsy jazz cover - YouTube