DjangoBooks.com

Django a Gogo

thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
in Welcome Posts: 22
Hi everybody! I just wanted to introduce myself and talk a little bit about Django a Gogo, an event that I'll be both teaching and performing at.
My name is Thor Jensen, and I'll be teaching morning classes (rhythm and lead) at the festival, as well as performing with an amazing group of musicians at Carnegie Hall on March 3rd.
One of the coolest aspects to this festival is the wide range of styles being brought in to teach and perform. To gain the perspective of a Flamenco guitarist (Juanito Pascual, Alfonso Ponticelli) a bluegrass guitarist (Larry Keel) and gypsy jazz guitarists (Paulus Schafer, Stochelo Rosenberg, Stephane Wrembel, David Gastine, Denis Chang, etc) is a pretty rare opportunity. I myself come from a stratocaster and telecaster background, and plan on sharing that perspective. And of course, there's Al Di Meola.

Al Di Meola. Al Di Meola will be not only performing at Carnegie Hall, but teaching an improvisation workshop. It's an amazing chance to catch a glimpse into the mind of a master.

This is a rare and exciting event, and I hope to see you there!

-Thor
Buco

Comments

• Nice work, Thor.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks for the introduction. Who will be there?
  • Thor mentioned the players involved above, but here is a summary:
    http://www.djangoagogo.com/music-camp/

Bad timing for me as I started a new job, but I'd certainly go if I could. Stellar line-up. Stephane is a brilliant teacher as well as player.

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Thanks but when I say who will be there, I was asking about who on this forum is going.
  • PapsPier wrote: »
    Thanks but when I say who will be there, I was asking about who on this forum is going.

Well that makes much more sense.

• thorjensenthorjensen Brooklyn, NY Jerome Duffell
    edited February 2017 Posts: 22
    There are still tickets available for the concerts and workshops! Come on out!
    www.djangoagogo.com

https://www.facebook.com/djangoagogo/?fref=ts
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    I hope something like this happens again soon! Found out about it a little too late :(
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    So sad about missing this. I was supposed to participate, but I ended up having obligations to play in Chicago Wednesday and Sunday, and I couldn't make it work logistically. It is going to be a great week for all those involved!!!
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited March 2017 Posts: 3,319
    I got a report from someone who is there. Sounds amazing!

"I'm in New Jersey at Stephane Wremble's Djangoagogo Festival and camp, learning a lot of Django stuff. Have had classes with Paulus Schafer, Olli Soikkelli and Denis Chang and master classes with Stochelo Rosenberg an Al Di Meola. Tomorrow night is the concert at Carnegie Hall with all those guys and more. Pretty exciting "
    Buco
  • Micheal IrwinMicheal Irwin ✭✭
    Bones, any other reports would be greatly appreciated...how's DiMeloa doing with the group?