DjangoBooks.com

5 Straight Days In Tune

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
Is this unusual? My Dupont MD-100 has been in tune for 5 straight days when taken out of the case. I usually play it for an hour or so, on average. The weather has been humid and rainy, interspersed with a couple of clear days in the high 50s. I usually have to tweak a string or two, sometimes sharp, sometimes flat. This has never happened before.

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Posts: 867
    You have entered an alternative universe, if you wish to get back to the old one you will need to purchase a new guitar.
    wimBuco
    I have an Epiphone Joe Pass guitar that is like that. The thing stays in tune all of the time. Frank Vignola has remarked that his Thorell is like that.
  • mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    I recommend leaving it out in the rain for a day or two. That should fix it.
    AndrewUlleBuco
  • My DuPont and my Dunns stay in tune on the stand for long periods of time between playing except for a few weeks in spring and fall plus the rare winter when we get a prolonged cold spell.. Humidity is pretty constant here except for the transitions and really cold weather
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Thanks Craig, great advice. For sale or trade, Dupont guitar, never needs tuning, will trade for Barault, Marin, Hahl, Holo, Freschi, Eimers, diMauro, Busato, etc. in new condition. However, I'm sure I've jinxed the guitar, plus I played along with some rock and country last night, Season of the Witch (Kooper & Stills), Alabama Shakes "Hold On", Staind "Been a While", etc.
    Buco
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited February 2017 Posts: 393
    You have got Dorian Gray's guitar. There's a recording of that guitar, hidden away somewhere, that sounds more and more out of tune for each day.
    Joshl-mBuco
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    +1 more....
  • guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar
    I have a Chinese DellArte DGH1 that stays in tune no matter what.
    Summer, winter ( I live in Quebec ) sometimes it stays in the car for 3-4
    hours in the middle of winter.......It just stays in tune.
    And yes, I'm using a tuner..
    AndrewUlle
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    guitarmike wrote: »
    I have a Chinese DellArte DGH1 that stays in tune no matter what.
    Yeah, the DG-H1s are great - the one I had was the same way - it stayed in tune forever. I recently sold it to buy another GJ guitar, but I wish I could've kept it.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Posts: 867
    so if the baby Jesus magically appears on the headstock and it stays in tune another 5 days I'll purchase this from you.
    Jazzaferri