DjangoBooks.com

One Chord Backing Tracks

BonesBones Moderator
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 3,319
Has anyone come across any play alongs that stay on only one chord (Cmajor, G minor, E7, etc)?

thanks

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited January 2017 Posts: 1,457
    Not exactly what you asked, but if you haven't studied them already: Samy's Plans en Do are excellent!

juandererJoshl-m
    I do that with iReal app which I send via bluetooth to my stereo so I can crank up the volume and get decent sound.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited January 2017 Posts: 3,319
    Hey thanks guys. I'm looking for just a nice pompe and bass on mp3. Maybe I'll have to get my kid to record me doing it and play along with that. I'm getting bored practicing arps and licks with the metronome and want to hear them against the chord anyway so....
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    I import backing tracks into Reaper. Denis' backing tracks are great for this as they're all 150bpm, so with a 150bpm tempo set in Reaper, I can import them then sync them up. I can then loop single chords, specific progressions or sections, plus slow them down or speed them up.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hi Shemi, I have a couple of DC music school tracks but I forget where I got them prob off of Youtube? Yeah I suppose I could play them back and loop specific chords but was hoping for longer length just on one chord for a while.

thanks
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Actually loop stations are great for this (really improves your rhythm, too!)
    Highly recommended investment for practice at home. Not to be used for performance! :P

kkdeje4in2rl.png
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    If you have the app "Audio Stretch", it gives you a representative waveform, so you can load in a Denis track, or The Sauce track, highlight your A and B points for your loop, choose your tempo and key, and away you go!
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Bones wrote: »
    Hi Shemi, I have a couple of DC music school tracks but I forget where I got them prob off of Youtube? Yeah I suppose I could play them back and loop specific chords but was hoping for longer length just on one chord for a while.

thanks

That's what I'm saying, when it's all synced up in Reaper I can then, for instance, take the first C chord in All of me and loop it. You'll get an infinite loop of that one chord that will go on until you stop it or your computer blows up!
    woodamand
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    You might also consider practicing with just a metronome instead of a backing track.

Spoken from the perspective of somebody who plays in a clarinet/guitar/bass trio...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    It works pretty well with "amazing slow downer" too, the loop function.

It might be worth mentioning that with the Spotify subscription, the ASD can pull the songs fr Spotify to play so no importing, converting or anything else is necessary.
    I have a playlist on Spotify created with the songs I wanna use with ASD, which then "sees" this playlist and that's it, done.
    Love it! Worth the Spotify subscription alone.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel