DjangoBooks.com

HELP ! What chord is Tchavalo playing here ?

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
edited May 2016 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 561
Hey Friends,

In my efforts to complete my 5 solos before Django in June Challenge, I've hit minor snag. Tchavalo plays some interesting chord comps with chords I haven't seen. Due to the not so high resolution of the video, and my ear which hears single notes well, but not alway[url="http://Hey Friends, In my efforts to complete my 5 solos before Django in June Challenge, I've hit minor snag. Tchavalo plays some interesting chord comps with chords I haven't seen. Due to the not so high resolution of the video, and my ear which hears single notes well, but not always jazzy chords so well.... I can't figure out what Tchavalo is doing at approximately 1:01 of this video. I know it's a chord shape that starts n one fret and moves up a half step, but I'm having trouble hearing it and figuring it out. any help would be MUCH appreciated.
thanks!
Anthony

Here it is on Soundslice look to 1:01- https://www.soundslice.com/tabs/10208/tchavolo-schmitt-jattendrai-tab/

Here again on Youtube Look to 1:01-

Comments

• Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    edited May 2016 Posts: 48
    I'm at work and don't have a guitar but maybe it's 9#5 chord

E 10
    B 9
    G 9
    D 8
    A x
    E x
  • gypsystuffgypsystuff ✭✭