DjangoBooks.com

Ameranouche's new recording

edited April 2006 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 4
This was posted to "the other" list, but the same applies. Thanks, Jim:

The new Ameranouche!! CD is out and available from www.ameranouche.com

I am a friend of Shepp's and there is no hiding that fact. I am also a fairly radical collector of gypsy jazz, swing, jazz and punk. My gypsy jazz collection alone is 1000 + or - CD's, so I have a database to refer against when I say that this is a really important recording. As stated, this is my opinion.

I don't want to get in a pissing contest with alpha male gypsy players, purists / duplicators, or people that want to say "my guy [insert name here] is the best and everyone else sucks". This music is not for you. Go away.

American gypsy swing has some pockets of intensity and creativity, and some amazing players. If this is what you're into and you are someone who supports the scene for real and doesn't just BS their way through it, check out the soundclips at ameranouche's music page. Then buy the CD if you like it.

I am surprised that gypsy players aren't completely torqued over the release of this recording, so check it out.

Jim

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hey Jim,
    We met briefly at one of the Django in June concerts, and I think of Shepp as a friend as well, but I'm not sure what you mean by the quote below; do you mean you're surprised people aren't into the disc, or that you're surprised people aren't excited about it? Obviously my slang ain't up to date.
    Jim wrote:
    I am surprised that gypsy players aren't completely torqued over the release of this recording, so check it out.

Best,
    Jack.
    torqued = good thing; I meant excited, really spun tightly in a positive way

;-]