DjangoBooks.com

Bireli Lagrene lessons now available

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    dennis wrote: »
    Very sorry for spamming.

Dennis... calling this spam, is like calling the collected works of Tolstoy a bunch of bad short-stories.

You rock.
    StringswingerBarkonatorLoritmowim
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • JojoJojo London UK
    Good luck with transcribing that... :) Excellent stuff (had no idea he was a violinist too!)
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    If this is spam then I am a Hawaiian.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @dennis

Looks Spamtastic

Oh I mean Fantastic...

I just wish the lessons were not dependent on a Internet Connection. I'm not always able to connect to stuff online

From your site...

IMPORTANT: Please note that these are streamed videos;
    only the PDF transcriptions can be downloaded.

:((
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Whoa thanks Dennis!!!
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    amazing Denis, you are the man.
    If this is spamming then I'm Bireli.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    I've purchased the first one and want to get the rest eventually. Even with my slow rural Internet connection the streaming is excellent. The most important thing will be the audio, and the transcriptions whenever Denis gets around to these (and he will).

I was about to give up guitar playing and the Guitar in general (as well as my Shelley Park #250) until I saw Bireli at DjangoFest. Am totally re-inspired! I realize I am too old at 60 to develop much speed and frankly much of the fast music played by many hot players seems "Too Many Notes" to me. It lacks the depth that comes from playing for the dancers it was originally intended for in Django's era.

Bireli on the other hand, plays each note in a special way - he has the dancers dancing in his head no doubt! I especially love his solo guitar improvisations and that is the direction I am aiming for, having been a composer most of my adult life off and on. Am hoping that Denis included some of these parts of Bireli's style in some of the later volumes (is this true Denis?). In the meantime I am enjoying seeing how Bireli works his fingers on the left hand. Economy in movement!

It would be great to be able to view these videos slowed down maybe 1/2 to 1/4 impulse. This would be my only suggestion for improvement.
  • cbwimcbwim ✭✭✭
    Volume 6 has all the solo guitar takes - am just watching and listening to them now. They are all fantastic!!!! And the MP3s of them make for a nice album of Solo Bireli well worth the $25 CAD Denis charges. I'm loading these onto my iPhone now, so I can listen to them at least if the power goes off from today's wind storm.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Feel free to spam me anytime, Denis, and congratulations on what sounds like another highly successful project.
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."