DjangoBooks.com

New Book

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
edited April 2006 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 186
Michael,

In Gypsy Picking your mention the future issue of a book on the patterns Django used as the basis of his improvisations.

Is this getting near publication?

All the best,

SP

Comments

• RichRich New
    I suspect he is too busy with this.. http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1447
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Sounds like "Gypsy Fire."

Which leads me to a question about that book, which I don't own. Frome what I've heard of Andreas Oberg, his playing is largely quite modern and bebop-ish. Is "Gypsy Fire" a book of Andreas's style, or is it strictly trad GJ licks?

thanks,

John
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    There's a mixture of traditional phrases, more modern GJ phrases and some be-bop ones as well.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Spalo wrote:
    Michael,

In Gypsy Picking your mention the future issue of a book on the patterns Django used as the basis of his improvisations.

All the best,

SP

That's a little ways off...we're trying to get Gypsy Rhythm wrapped up!
  • AndreasObergAndreasOberg Stockholm,SwedenModerator
    Hi John!
    I'm working on a book called Gypsy Bop (with more of my own style) at the moment, but I would say that Gypsy Fire covers a lot of the phrases that are typical for Jimmy Rosenberg, Stochelo, Bireli, Django etc.
    It's full of phrases that I've heard all the gypsies play but never seen notated anywhere.

Best Regards
    Andreas
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    put me down for gypsy bop. I can't wait for that come out.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    Spalo wrote:
    Michael,

All the best,

SP

That's a little ways off...we're trying to get Gypsy Rhythm wrapped up!

so it's not "gypsy fire"? are you talking about the chordal embellishment type of patterns that are in wrembel's book? if so, what can we expect to be different from his book to yours?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    The pattern book will be a massive collection of all the commonly used licks, arpeggios, scales, etc packaged as an improv method specifically for Gypsy jazz. It'll be BIG...

'm[/img]
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Sounds great... Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SP
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Sounds great... Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SP