DjangoBooks.com

Shelley Park Montmarte slightly shorter scale for sale

I've decided to sell my Shelley Park Favino-based Montmarte (#250, circa 2010). Reason for sale is that the lower bout is just a wee bit too big for my 60 year old torso and is causing minor neck and shoulder problems. But for many players its probably perfect.

It features her narrowest neck profile, and a slightly shorter 660mm scale, which I requested for my somewhat arthritic and smaller hands. The top is Bear Claw Spruce in natural color and the back and sides East Indian Rosewood. Honduran Mahogany Neck. Amboyna burl for the tailpiece insert and stained Big Leaf Maple covering on the Headstock. Big Tone pickup. There is no sound port.

The guitar is nicely broken in and has a fantastic and complex tone, as does all of Shelley's guitars. I am really reluctant to give this one up as I love this guitar - but I have hardly played it in the last year and it deserves to be played a bunch. I do have something to play in the interim.

Comes with the case as well as the adjusting tool for the truss rod. One of the case buckles is broken. The base price of these new is $4300, and is a little more with the pickup. I am asking $4000.

The oval picture is of this guitar while Shelley was still working on it.

I will be at DjangoFest on Saturday and Sunday and originally wasn't planning on bringing this - though I realize now that I can probably keep it in a friend's hotel room where it will be secure. If anyone is strongly interested and would like to see it then, please contact me by email at [email protected] or phone at 360-297-4020.

Comments