DjangoBooks.com

Meet Maurice Dupont, luthier in Cognac

Comments

• My schoolboy French ear found it easy to understand the announcer, but a combination of Maurice's accent and more technical words ......hmmmm.....need to study mom Francais un peu....
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
  • edited June 2015 Posts: 3,707
    @pickitjohn ROFL

Aux travail aux travail mon ami, poor les deux. My wife went to high school in the French part of Switzerland. I tend to lean on her a lot.

When I spent time in France decades ago I was amazed at how easy it was to understand people in and around Tours and how hard down in the south.
  • Kevin FurnissKevin Furniss France✭✭ AJL 503 XO
    You wait till you have to make sense of a vieux Breton Farmer :)
  • Yikes.....probably be as sense able as Greek ROFL
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Great to see inside the atelier, wouldn't we all like a workshop like that. Note, even with everything else there he still has a Tele' too, and it is nice to see he has the first guitar he made in May '86. Also an interesting point there from Jazzaferri. For what it is worth, I was told that in France they say that the French spoken in Tours is the correct French. It is a university town, and there is a saying in England that correct English is Oxford English, so maybe there is a similarity there. Certainly there are regional dialects that need a practised ear, like Gascony, Provencal etc.
  • Much easier time understanding Oxford English than Glaswegian Scouse.....