DjangoBooks.com

Anybody use Samy Daussat's FB course?

JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
How exactly does it work, and what were/are your impressions? Do you need to understand French, or can you get most of it from examples and context?

I've taken a quick look at the page, but couldn't really get a sense of how the course was structured.

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I like Samy's FB lessons. You get a bit of everything, but I learned a couple of nice solos for All of Me and Sweet Georgia Brown. Speaking French would help, but it is nice to have the .pdf tab and a video for all lessons, and the price is right.
    pickitjohnwim
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Thanks for posting that @jonpowl

Still on the fence about Facebook however that was very well done.
  • JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
    Thanks Jon, very cool. So it is a series of individual lessons, rather than a curriculum that takes you from A to B in some logical fashion (using new concept to build on earlier concepts, etc.)?
    @Jehu: Well said, it is a collection of individual lessons for beginner and intermediate players, each with a video and .pdf tab. It helps that I like the way Samy plays, and he frequently plays a beautiful Dupont MD-50E. There are also free lessons by Romane and Francois Hegron on YouTube https://facebook.com/pages/Cours-de-guitare-jazz-manouche/134762750013691 that I use even though my French is not very good.
  • JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
    Cool, thanks for that!
  • Paul MurrayPaul Murray Dublin✭✭
    I really liked Samy's FB course. It was one of the first resources I went to when first learning this style and even though there doesn't seem to be any order to the lessons, and coming from a different musical background I found it very helpful as a newcomer to the style.
  • KlausUSKlausUS AustriaNew Cholet Intuition, Gaffiero Original, AJL Q&P

Hi,  i looked at Samy´s Facebook page but couldn´t find a course.  Where is it available ?  Thanks !  Klaus

• BonesBones Moderator

I'd check it out but then I'd have to sign up for FB!!!

Samy has some .pdfs on Dropbox. I'm not sure if the videos are available. I have a few videos that go with the .pdfs and will be glad to send if you can't find them. In the past I found them on Samy's Cours de Jazz Manouche on Facebook. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iva04dea2h616ev/AABtYFfuo8sk4bDi6pbVgcKSa?dl=0

Samy on YouTube where you can find some of the lesson videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLebivic/videos

wimBillDaCostaWilliamsJosechikyKlausUS
  • JosechikyJosechiky

You can find some lessons by Samy Daussat in this website.They are not free but are available at a very affordable price.It's worth to take a look at it:

wimBillDaCostaWilliams