DjangoBooks.com

FS: JWC Moreno guitar (video)

Paulius VolkovasPaulius Volkovas ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Classifieds Posts: 147
Selling my 2005 JWC Vintage Strings Manouche Moreno modele Jazz guitar. The guitar is early 007 model, in great shape.

Comes with Biggertone piezo pickup and original Bridge.

The guitar is rosewood laminate B&S with a EU spruce top with varnish finish all over.
It has brass Selmer replica head gear and an adjustable truss rod.

asking 390 Eur including Biggertone pickup and mint condition original hard case.

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Paulius Volkovas

$460.00 Wow sure wish you were in the states. I'm surprised that guitar is still around. Weren't the original cases fiberglass?

Good Luck with your sale, if I recall these guitars have been discussed here before with a
    "if you can find one get it recommendation."
    especially the early models.

Hope it finds a perfect home.

• Paulius VolkovasPaulius Volkovas ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is a really nice guitar. Action is very confortable, i was actually pleasantly surprised when i picked it up to record this. I forgot how easy it is to play- it plays way easier than my Pattenote.

Here are some pics of the case:
  • cjlcjl
    Sent you a message ....

Chris
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    As far as I knew JWC didn't actually make the moreno modele, that was 'vintage strings' via John vickers importing instruments from the Far East and setting them up himself (beautifully by the way) at his workshop. They are a step up from gitanes etc, but the JWC brand are handmade. I had the moreno and its a great instrument.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    Maybe I´m wrong but I have understood that Manouche Guitars were made in Korea by Joengwoo Cho (JWC). Then bulk version was sended to UK where it was finished by John Vickers. After ending Manouche Guitars business one of the founding members Tony Walker started company with Joengwoo, JWC guitars.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    BTW I have had for 8 years Manouche Guitars Orchestre 14 fret D-hole. I'm still in love with it.:)
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @MikkoKarhula
    Interesting post from search of Tony Walker
    does seem to confirm your understanding...

Manouche Guitars biting the dust!

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/7386/manouche-guitars-biting-the-dust/p2

here is the post from January 2010 @Gregocide
    Here is the official word from Manouche:

"Basically the two partners in the company have gone their separate ways,
    which means that there will be two guitar companies.
    John Vickers and Tony Walker were the two original partners in the company.
    John came up with the idea to produce Selmacs based on the original plans,
    and he also developed his own plans for the Concert Model Guitar.
    He was the "nuts and bolts guy" all along. Worked out the details for the tuners and hardware,
    [ which were, BTW, usually a step up from the entry level hardware and bridges that are often substandard].
    Tony's role was basically as a financial backer for the most part.
    John Vicker's will be producing guitars of the original quality of the Manouche line, [or better].
    John is registering the company name at this time, so you all will just have to wait to see what
    it'll be! All of the artists that were with Manouche will be with John's new venture, and one or two new artits, again, all will be revealed in time! ;-)

Tony will be working with Jeongwoo Cho trading under JWC guitars.
    They just weren't agreeing on some basic issues, so they dissolved the partnership
    John basically always wanted to produce guitars that were a step up from the guitars produced in China, and that would be a good bit less than a luthier built guitar."
  • T1mothyT1mothy ✭✭ Furch petite bouche
    Is the guitar still for sale?
  • Paulius VolkovasPaulius Volkovas ✭✭✭
    Sale pending