DjangoBooks.com

First GJ guitar

Hi,

last year I nearly ordered a Castellucia but ultimately didnt feel I could justify a 2500€ guitar at my basic level.

About 2 weeks ago I saw a Patenotte 254 advertised locally and went to see it,when I tried to play a few bits on it I REALLY didnt like it , the action was about 4mm at the 12th but really low at the nut ,the neck felt too large,the fretboard felt almost concaved and I thought it sounded thin, kind of woody and agricultural and the finish was very basic.
I told the guy that I didnt really like the guitar too much but didnt know what to expect so made him an offer seeing as we had both driven 3/4 of an hour to meet,I have never had a GJ guitar so I thought it would act as a benchmark at least.

Soon as I got chance I lowered the action down to just below 3mm and changed the strings for a new set of Argentine strings.............. around 2 weeks later and I cant put it down!

Et Sebastion, désolé - je vous dois une bière !

NoneBucoRob MacKillop

Comments