DjangoBooks.com

SKB case for gypsy guitar?

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
in Welcome Posts: 1,665
Has anyone checked this case out? It is supposedly for classical guitars as well as thin line electrics. The dimensions are pretty close to a standard Selmer clone, except the lower bout is 15.5", a bit on the tight side. I'm wondering how well a GJ guitar would fit - would the lower bout area be too compressed?

http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=231&o=&offset=&c=75&s=75
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    I've answered my own question. I happened to find one of these in a music store, didn't have my guitar with me, but I double checked the dimensions, and it doesn't seem to even have 15.5" clearance at the lower bout, plus the padding is quite rigid. The SKB-18, a dreadnought case, looks more promising.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • teletoddteletodd Strongsville Ohio Huttle jazz
    My cordoba d5 fits great in a Taylor Grand Auditorium case. However a Paris Swing 39 o hole is too wide at the lower bout for the same case.