DjangoBooks.com

Just Put A Deposit On A...

Castelluccia Sweet Chorus! Apologies to Michael for not ordering from this site, but I will be in Paris mid April, and the great man said he will make me one in time for my visit. I'm very excited about it! There is a great exchange rate between the UK Pound and the Euro, so I couldn't say no.

The downside is that I will no longer have the excuse of blaming my guitar...
JSantargriceMichaelHorowitzBucowimpickitjohn

Comments

• That's great, Rob. Very exciting! You can now use the excuse that you're just not quite used to the new guitar..that'll give you a few months! That's what I've been doing forever!
    Rob MacKillop
  • DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
    I got a Castallucia Tears and really like it,sweet tone, plays great, only issue I have it's not all that loud compared to my Gitane GD250. Also you're getting a deal, they're a lot cheaper (even from € to $ conversion) from what I see on the Castallucia site..
  • Rob MacKillopRob MacKillop Edinburgh, Scotland✭✭✭✭
    Ha, Robbie, well reminded. It will take me at least twenty years to get used to it, and even then I'll just be breaking it in.

DragonPL - I'm sure it will be plenty loud enough for my uses.
    rgrice
  • Rob, there' s always amplification! For gigs, which are normally filled with boisterous people, I use K & K Definity pickups on both my gypsy guitars through a Baggs Para, Heath and Allen Zed Mixer, and 2 QSC K 10s and to my ears it sounds very natural.
    Thanks, guys. I'm not thinking about gigs yet at all. In fact, it will probably be too loud for evening playing in our small apartment...
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 3,707
    Congrats and you can always slack the strings and stuff a hand towel in to mute it a bunch
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Sure. I'm used to muting tactics :-)
  • DragonPLDragonPL Maryland✭✭ Dupont MD 50-XL (Favino), Michael Dunn Stardust, Castelluccia Tears, Yunzhi gypsy jazz guitar, Gitane DG-320, DG-250M and DG-250
    edited December 2014 Posts: 170
    I did forget to mention a real issue I have with my Castelluccia is strings with the ball ends vibratie againts the tailpiece, (the string holes in the tailpiece are a bit uneven) therefore I just use loop end ones and it's fine, but won't be able to try any strings that have ball ends only.....
  • If it has shaped posts to anchor the strings cut a small piece of thin leather and attach it to the tailpiece at Tahoe base of the posts...problem will go away and as long as the leather is minimal shouldn't affect the sound.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    I'll ask Jean-Baptiste about that.