DjangoBooks.com

so 10 guys walk into a studio...

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited March 2006 in Welcome Posts: 2,161
but this ain't no joke.... they walk into the studio with guns, tie everyone up, threaten everyone, and take off with 30 000 $ worth of uninsured studio equipment. This is the studio where my album was recorded... where the master copy was located.... AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

well all hope isn't lost, i think they made a back up of some of my tracks but it's gonna be a while before i can complete it now

there's a big benefit concert this saturday featuring some of the top montreal jazzmen... i will be participating as well .... i also met a guy here who recorded a vocal album with angelo debarre, he says he's gonna send me the CD... sounds interesting!

Comments

• pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Well, I hate to state the obvious, but that's awful. I hope you can find the backup recording soon. And I hope the people involved at the studio aren't too traumatized.

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Wow...that's a bummer Dennis. I hope your master is OK.

I knew this famous Scottish fiddler in NYC who left the master tapes for like a dozen albums AND a vintage 17th C Italian violin in his trunk while he went into get something for 5 minutes. He came back and it was all gone!! Ouch....

'm
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Crazy! Glad you weren't there when it happened, though. Sorry to hear about your masters...good luck with it all, Dennis. If it's any consolation, maybe in fifty years they'll be highly prized rare bootlegs. If you think they're going to try to sell the equipment, maybe you could give us a list of what was taken; I'm sure a lot of us know people who run studios, and we can at least spread the word.

All best,
    Jack.

And that Angelo CD does sound interesting...