DjangoBooks.com

NYC events early march

bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
edited March 2006 in North America Posts: 670
Hi everyone,
I got a few things coming up I wanted you to know about . . .
one is my gig this weekend, Sunday March 5th at 12pm- runs to 3ish. Its a "gypsy" jazz brunch and jam session. The first set is usually a small group (trio- I hope) featuring me playing guitar and the great Piruz Partow on bass. After the first set the stage is opened up and a few of NY's gypsy jazzers come by and drop in. Its free to watch or play, and the cafe (Jam for bread cafe- 333 Henry street, Brooklyn NY, on the corner of pacific) is quite nice with good coffee and pastries and has been very supportive of live music in our hood.

Also I wanted to let you all know that we are playing (same location) with a full Franglais band on the 11th of this month- Saturday night at 8 pm. This show will feature Eve Seltzer (My beautiful wife) singing and Monica Smith on Violin, plus Tom Landman on guitar, plus Piruz and I! Its going to be great.

Finally I was informed about a great concert featuring some amazing players being organized by Pat Phillips (who runs the Django Reinhardt Festival at Birdland) for Toots Thielmans- It will feature Ludovic Beier, the accordian player who has played with many great gypsy jazz guitarists- including Angelo Debarre and Dorado Schmitt. Here is the info:

CARNEGIE HALL
March 16th
The Magic of TOOTS THIELMANS
"A Celebration"
“THE MAGIC OF TOOTS”
A Celebration of TOOTS THIELEMANS
Starring “TOOTS”+ Special Guests: HERBIE HANCOCK, IVAN LINS, ELIANE ELIAS, PAQUITO D’RIVERA, OSCAR CASTRO- NEVES, JOE LOVANO and "Surprises”
CARNEGIE HALL, March 16th, 8 PM

I hope to see you at some of these events . . . Enjoy the lion part of the month!
Cheers,
Ben Wood

Comments

• bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Franglais swings for you this saturday. Gypsy Jazz in brooklyn featuring Guitars, Vocals, bass, Violin, and guests on piano, mandolin and more! Saturday March 18th at 8 pm and going until 11ish. Jam for bread Cafe, 333 Henry street, Brooklyn, NY . . . . Great salads, sandwiches beer and wine . . it's goin to be great!
    also don't forget our new myspace site (still growing) at
    myspace.com/franglaisswings
    and I put up a litte video of us playing at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKF5AWLyuq4
    so check it out!
    Thanks and see you there!
    Cheers,
    Ben