DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited October 2014 Posts: 6,153
    New variation of this extraordinarily popular contact mic which operates on phantom power!
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    I have one of these and it sounds amazing. Plug and play!
    MichaelHorowitz
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • Are there any performance differences other than not having the "box" any more?
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    JK what the product info shows is that the buffering circuit and dip switches are integrated with the out put jack. Thats what is being done these days . I suppose that the "box" was just an earlier stage of product development . I'll bet it sounds exactly the same.
    MichaelHorowitz
  • Thanks Al.
    Like Al said, the power module was replaced with an integrated cable. However, to use the X48 version of the Ischell, you'll need an amp/PA with phantom power and an XLR input. If you'll be playing into amps with just a 1/4" input and no phantom power, than you'll need the inside box version of the Ischell as it provides power via a battery and has a 1/4" cable.
  • Thank you Michael. Is the inside box version being discontinued or is this just an alternate version? Curious.

edited October 2014 Posts: 6,153
    I don't think the inside box will be discontinued. Many people would still need it as i provides power in situations where phantom power is not available. I have both versions in stock.
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    As Michael said, if you only (or mostly) play through guitar amps, get the version with the inside box. If you mainly play through PA systems or a unit with xlr style input/outputs, I say go for the new version. The advantage with this newer version is that there is one less cable required. I mostly play through PA systems or my amp (acoustic image head) has xlr input as well. They sound exactly the same. It's the same mic, just the cable to the powered device is different. Yes this new version requires phantom power to operate so if you aren't getting it from the PA system, you'll need something in between the mic and the amp. For example, I use a Zoom A3 box anyway because I like the EQ functions, a pedal like that can also provide the Ischell with Phantom power. Either way, these mics sounds fantastic.
    MichaelHorowitz
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone