DjangoBooks.com

My new AJL USOP!

LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
edited July 2014 in Welcome Posts: 41
Hello gypsy jazzers!
I'm from Napoli, Italy, and I wanted to share with you fellows a short demo I realized to "test" my brand-new AJL model USOP. It is basically Ari's famous X-O model, but with laminated rosewood instead of brazilian rosewood. It is extremely Selmer-like: amazing volume and the distinctive "crispy" sound. Ari Jukka Luomaranta is a great master luthier and I strongly recommend his guitars.

I'm actually 23, and I'm into gypsy jazz since a few years. I have recorded three tunes by Django, Improvisation 1, What kind of friend and Django's Waltz (or better say, an attempt to play Django's waltz..).

As always, any advice is warmly welcomed!

Here is the demo:

Enjoy my guitar, not the way I play it :P
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10574713_744641768932993_276928453_n.jpg?oh=8e7800862bb1399680c2a07b86cee215&oe=53DC469C&__gda__=1406944961_f1b16acfa8e72fb92e630f90e9328d9c
JSanta

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    Quite the opposite: your playing is great, the guitar still needs to open up in my opinion! :-)
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    I think your playing is fantastic! The guitar sounds and looks wonderful. I Really like these AJL guitars.
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Nice guitar and excellent playing , enjoy your new guitar.
    I have an AJL XO that I like a lot ! Ari is a great builder , truly a master craftsman.
    My guitar like yours is one of the more recent instruments that has the carbon fiber neck reinforcement . Its quite loud ! which is good and plays easily and sounds like a Selmer but a bit more modern.
    It didn't take very long to break it in to the first stages of clarity and it has developed consistently since it arrived here in March.
    A very fine instrument. It also records very well. Which is a big plus ! Cheers !
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    thank you so much! I try my best and I'm always glad receive appreciations\advices :)
    Brand-new guitars never sound at their best... and all my tracks are home-recorded. I should try to get better even in this ahah